I found out last week my husband of 3 years has been having

I found out last week my husband of 3 years has been having an affair for 15 months. Could be longer!We have been together 6 years total. In addition he has been talking to his ex wife sexually. I'm beyond hurt. We have a 5 year old together. He is afraid of custody battle like what happened in his first marriage. He ended up putting me in jail by lying. And he tried to get custody. Now I haven't seen my son in 5 days and he hasn't been to school. My heart hurts so bad. My lawyer is trying to help. Feels like forever. And I don't know why I feel like I still want to be with my husband. What's wrong with me!? Why would I want to be with someone who did this to me? I found all his deleted texts from others. He bad mouthed me and said he was unhappy. How can someone do this to another? So much betrayal but yet I still have hope!?

2 Hearts

sohurt, You love him, there's nothing wrong with that. My wife left me over a year ago, and spread a horrible lie about me all over areas where our friends are. She slandered me and I still wanted her back. I loved her, just like you do your husband. So, you're okay. Keep your hope if it helps, but also be prepared if he doesn't come around to your way of thinking. I only say this so you don't get hurt anymore. We support what's best for every member here, but we also are very concerned about their personal welfare, and we don't like seeing people get hurt, especially since they usually are already going through a painful experience.

3 Hearts

Hey there. My husband had his first affair when I was pregnant with our second child. I stayed bc I loved him. We were married for 17 years. He had many other affairs throughout but only twice did he actually choose to leave me. The first time we were separated for 1 1/2 years. Every time I forgave. Every time it hurt. But the last time, the final time still hurts 7 years later. Love is what creates connections. Love will always be there. The pain does fade in time. But please listen sister. You are not to blame. It was nothing you did or didn't do. Hold strong and keep this close. You made a child with him. You may lose him or hate him but he will always be with you. Focus on your baby. It's so dam hard. But know that you are not alone. My strength sent your way.

3 Hearts

@Lovetolaugh
Nice comment love to laugh, hurts to hear your pain, my strength with you

Thank you all. It's so agonizing. He has been so destructive and even lashed out at my parents and tried to get a peace order against them so they can't see their grandchild. Thankfully the court denied it for being bogus. I wish I could stop loving him. We also bought a house together last year while he was cheating on me. What's the point of making a life with someone if you can't be faithful and honest!!
So heartbroken. Please wake me up from this nightmare and let me see my child!

Thank you, I know that feeling, every single day I know that feeling.

1 Heart

So hurt, I am so sorry for what you are going through, like lovetolaugh says, prayers are with you. A child should never be taken from their mother, shame on your husband.

From Romantic Relationships to Cheating & Infidelity