I got my results last night and I am positive for HSV1 I hav

I got my results last night and I am positive for HSV1 I have it on my genital area unfortunately. The guy I had sex with denies having herpes or anything. He says he also got tested and waiting on results but at this point I don't even trust or believe a word he says. We only had sex that one time and yes we used protection but he did give me oral which I guess that's how I got HSV1? can someone enlighten me.

So he must have HSV1 on his mouth but doesn't show symptoms. What is this shedding I keep reading about? Also could that mean I also have it on my mouth since we did makeout? I'm so devastated. It's been a hard year as is and then this happens. I feel suicidal and helpless. My baby nephew will be born next month and the thought that I'll never be able to kiss him on the cheek kills me. All for what? Some sex. I'm truly broken.

My question is to the ones that have HSV 1 or anyone that has knowledge regarding this. How is your life now? Can you kiss your significant other? Can you have sex without a condom (if on anti virals) I dont understand how i caught herpes if this man had no visible symptoms now i know u can have herpes and never show symptoms. Lets say he did KNOW, if he were to be on anti virals would i have caught herpes? ( i ask that because I'm planning on taking anti virals for the rest of my life if that's even possible) i do not want to put other people at risk.

To the ones on anti virals have you ever infected another person while taking the medication? I guess I'm wanting to know how good it actually works. Also can I pass herpes through objects?? I live with my parents and I would hate for them to catch it.
What can and I can't I do ??

I'm truly devested by this

I always thought I'd never get married and be alone... now I feel like that's really it for me. It was my destiny. I always had trouble finding good men but now with herpes? Who's going to want to date me now??? I hate my life. I'm trying to engrave it in my head that I'll never be in romantic relationship ever again because of this. I can't imagine myself telling someone I have herpes it kills me

2 Hearts

@Jadesanz:
I got my results last night and I am positive for HSV1 I have it on my genital area unfortunately. The guy I had sex with denies having herpes or anything.
}}}} Isn't that always the case?

He says he also got tested and waiting on results but at this point I don't even trust or believe a word he says. We only had sex that one time and yes we used protection but he did give me oral which I guess that's how I got HSV1? can someone enlighten me.
}}}}: More than likely yes… sadly test cannot determine whether type 1 came from the mouth or genitals.

So he must have HSV1 on his mouth but doesn't show symptoms.
}}}}: not necessarily. You could have gotten from any place of skin to skin contact. Once again, the test can’t tell you that. All it can tell you is you’ve contracted it. Are you positive you didn’t have it prior to now?

What is this shedding I keep reading about?
}}}}: please read the FREE handbook we have pinned at the top!!
https://westoverheights.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Updated-Herpes-Bo.... Note page 15 & 16.

Also could that mean I also have it on my mouth since we did make out? I'm so devastated.
}}}}: There are no guarantees, but it is possible.

It's been a hard year as is and then this happens. I feel suicidal and helpless. My baby nephew will be born next month and the thought that I'll never be able to kiss him on the cheek kills me. All for what? Some sex. I'm truly broken.
}}}}: A big warm hug and a huge smile can do more than a mere kiss!
it is now spilled milk. Let’s try to move ahead.

My question is to the ones that have HSV 1 or anyone that has knowledge regarding this. How is your life now? Can you kiss your significant other? Can you have sex without a condom (if on anti virals) I dont understand how i caught herpes if this man had no visible symptoms now i know u can have herpes and never show symptoms.
}}}}: AGAIN ~ read the Free Handbook posted at the top.

Lets say he did KNOW, if he were to be on anti virals would i have caught herpes? ( i ask that because I'm planning on taking anti virals for the rest of my life if that's even possible) i do not want to put other people at risk.
}}}}: Of course you could! Everyone’s body is different and antiviral are “SUPPLEMENTS” to your own body’s immune system and if your body is stressed, all the more likely NOTHING will prevent being contagious. Antivirals are NOT a SHIELD against OB's.

To the ones on anti virals have you ever infected another person while taking the medication? I guess I'm wanting to know how good it actually works.
}}}}: your best defense is yourself!! KNOW YOUR BODY’S SIGNS COLD! It's called "Prodrome Signs" ~~ and THAT is explained in the book as well...

Also can I pass herpes through objects?? I live with my parents and I would hate for them to catch it.
}}}}: Highly unlikely unless conditions are ideal and perfect; EG: warm and moist surface, etc. Though the virus can live on ideal surfaces, chances are it won’t be strong enough to attack the new grounds and will die shortly.

What can and I can't I do ??
}}}}: READ THE HANDBOOK (X3)!

I'm truly devested by this
I always thought I'd never get married and be alone... now I feel like that's really it for me. It was my destiny. I always had trouble finding good men but now with herpes? Who's going to want to date me now??? I hate my life. I'm trying to engrave it in my head that I'll never be in romantic relationship ever again because of this. I can't imagine myself telling someone I have herpes it kills me
}}}}: YOU ARE YOUR WORST ENEMY! I have had HSV2 gen since 1985. I have been married for 23 yrs now. What you are feeling is normal, and I can’t blame you for how you feel.

I was there long ago… Bottom Line: YOU WILL MAKE IT!! I did…

2 Hearts

@a_survivor thank you I’ll def be reading the book

@jadesanz I found this on the world health organization. “ However, genital herpes caused by HSV-1 typically does not recur frequently, unlike genital herpes caused by herpes simplex virus type 2.” Now that we know, at least we can protect the ourselves and our future partners. I’m sorry the guy reacted the way they did, I’m afraid my person may react the same. But I keep thinking first need to take care of myself/ourselves.

1 Heart

let it be known that no matter who says what, every person's body is different and will react differently, therefore to "Generalize" how a type of HSV will react is relative to said individual...

jadesanz
First, welcome to the group. I am not sure if that's good, but I think finding the group and asking questions is a good thing for you, and it helps others to ask those questions.
Second, education is the key to all of this. Whoever you decide to be with will need to be educated on the topic(HSV). Only those who are ignorant will not be able to comprehend. Be that teacher and you will be good. I don't see why would you be alone. You are young and, for the way you write, intelligent as well. That is a good combination. Do not allow this skin condition determine your life. Head up and continue to live.

1 Heart

Hey there, I completely understand what you're going through and I know it sucks. I only slept with the guy who gave it to me once. When I found out, I told him and he told me he didn't have it and would get tested. After a bit I did reach out to him and he said he tested negative and doesnt want to be involved with someone with Herpes... It was terrible and humiliating. We used a condom but I had cut myself shaving earlier that day and had an open area for the virus to enter.
Having to have full disclosure is hard with partners. At first I avoided it but I realized I didnt want to do to someone what had been done to me. I know tell the partners I start to really like before having sex. I'd be lying if I said that some people didnt get turned off by it, but I have had multiple partners who have been willing to learn about it and were still interested and trusted that I had it taken care of and wouldnt risk giving it to them. It really will get better and you will get more confident in yourself. Ultimately, if they cant accept that part of you then they arent the one for you and don't deserve the good you have to offer

4 Hearts

@jmarb

Right on point!