I had a question myself, where does jealousy come from? I kn

I had a question myself, where does jealousy come from? I know it’s not that easy to answer but it’s confusing why I’d be so jealous myself. Is it from relationships in the past that weren’t great? Is it seeing my parents fight? Or seeing how others are in a relationship? I just don’t know. Could also be self esteem issues. I’d just like an idea or something.

Missgirly I agree with Fohb460 that people with low self esteem tend to be jealous people. They don't feel they have much control over their lives or futures. They have low expectations of themselves and what they can do and accomplish. There are ways to increase self esteem. Taking responsibility, making good/sound decisions that affect your life are a couple of ways. I believe higher education can help self esteem. Trying to think positively and opening up yourself to various experiences are ways to better the way you think about yourself.

1 Heart

@mmadlecl thank you I agree I feel like I expect myself to not make it in life and in my relationship. But my bf is so great I need to chill a lot more.