I have been on 40 mg of Paxil for almost 2 years now. I went

I have been on 40 mg of Paxil for almost 2 years now. I went through the process of getting myself off of it - and I am now in withdrawal. Awful. Crying, emotional, feeling lonely, head zaps - but worst of all, my skin feels like it is crawling constantly. I cannot get away from this feeling of inner restlessness and it is making every day almost unbearable. Has anyone else had this side effect? If so, is there something you took to relieve the feeling?

1 Heart

I weaned off of it many many years ago and still went thru this. Drink tons of water, walk and sometimes benadryl helps with the restlessness and it is safe to take just will make you tired. Hang in there give it a couple more weeks and it should be totally out of your system if you can't do that you can go back on and wean yourself off it slowly and see if that helps you. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Hugs.

1 Heart

@Jennipain Thank you so much. This response means the world to me. I will keep you updated. Just hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes!