I have lost over 100 lbs in the last 18 months but I still c

I have lost over 100 lbs in the last 18 months but I still crave sweetness. I have stalled in my goal to get down to 15% body fat so I have stopped all fruit consumption which has really kicked in my desire for sweetness. As I stated before I am using artificial sweeteners instead of sugar but it just keeps the cravings going. I feel this is more difficult than quitting drugs and alcohol just because it is everywhere and very socially acceptable. I am learning that I need to look at core issues when I want to run to sweet flavors so I thought I could use this support group for this addiction. I can't talk about this in my other support groups.

For me, it is about moderation, if I cut it out completely, I am miserable, but have learned to be satisfied with just a little. I am so glad you are part of the group, welcome!

1 Heart

Thanks, It is a one day at a time thing for me, some days I do well other days I slip. All in All I'm still human and still grateful for my life.

I just joined and wrote a post similar to yours--I gave up the alcohol but now find myself struggling with sugar and it's worse and no one gets it!