I haven't had a panic attack in months and months. Have bee

I haven't had a panic attack in months and months. Have been feeling so much stronger because of this. Tonight, though, had a flashback of something from a past very abusive and controlling relationship and it just sucked the breath out of me. I managed to fight off the panic attack that tried to follow and have been fighting for the last few hours, as I'll fight past the wave of panic and it will return 10, 20, 32 minutes later without any seeming pattern, sometimes the waves are weaker, sometimes stronger, but they keep coming. And basically, I'm mad now...really mad.....mad at myself that I can't just dismiss the panic and move past it. Mad, because...right now...I feel the feelings that I've become stronger are just totally false and that I've been kidding myself. Mad, because, I am tired of fighting this panic attack, even though, I really really really don't want to have it. A full blown panic attack can affect me for days.

1 Heart

Yeah. I started feeling depressed again recently after months of being fine as well. I think that anxiety will always be a part of who you are, and there isn't really anything I can say to make it go away forever. At this point in your life, after being okay for so long, you know that you can get better. I know it's ****** and it absolutely sucks that you have to deal with this, but fill your life with activities and people that make you happy, don't feel bad for feeling good about yourself, and don't let this destroy you. It might seem like forever now, but you know it gets better. Good luck.