I just camehome from rehab today, after 6 weeks in the hospiI just camehome from rehab today, after 6 weeks in the

I just camehome from rehab today, after 6 weeks in the hospital & rehab. I am scared that I will never feel normal again. I can't get comfortable. I live withmy boyfriend who has been great. I live next door to my sister & niece. I know I am luckier than some, to have such support, but I can't help feeling sad & miserable. Help

Hi Suzanne. First off, I am so sorry that you had to go through this. While every amputee handles their amputation differently, there is nothing wrong with the way you feel. Some liken losing a body part to losing a loved one and go through the same grief process. I'm glad you have the support of loved ones but you also need the support of other amputees who can help you with any questions you may have and who can understand your fear and sadness.
I'm a right below knee amputee, 2 years, 3 months. I'm almost 100% back to having my independence back and walking pretty well with my prosthetic leg. Life is different but it is good.
If you have a Facebook account check out a support group called USA Facebook Amputees. There are amputees from all over the world who are there to support each other, provide information and friendship. Feel free to look me up and add me. Jeana Stewart. I have the same profile pic.
Feel free to share your story with me. I'll check back and you can ask any questions. If I don't know the answer I am sure I know someone who does.
I am in California, USA and I usually check in during the evening.

Thank you so much for your response. Today was a little bit better. I will definitely check out the facebook group & add you. It helps to know what I feel is normal . I'm happy to hear you've made such a good comeback. It gives me hope.

@suzanne58
You will get there. You’re just starting out on this new journey. There’s going to be good days and bad. I hope and pray you have more good days. Life is not over! Amputees are doing amazing things. All I wanted was to be able to take care of my family and home again. When I see amputees climbing Mt Everest it gives me hope I can do simple things like haul a load of laundry to the garage and prepare a nice dinner.
Keep a journal so you can look back at your milestones. You will be amazed at the inner strength you never knew you had. hugs