I just overheard my mother on the phone and it turns out my

I just overheard my mother on the phone and it turns out my grandmother has metastatic colon cancer. We've known she's had cancer for awhile (around a month) but the doctors said it was most likely stage 2 or 3. The doctors said she'd be fine, that it would be an easy to cure. They found it on her spine. My grandmother won't even say the word cancer. It originally took me a few days of her having cancer for it to set in but this...I feel this immediately. I'm not too sure how I can comfort my mother or if I'm even in the state of being able to do such. Where do we go from here? My mom didn't even hear it from my grandmother. My grandmother called but said nothing, just that she needed another scan. My grandfather knows nothing about this, not even that she has cancer. She didn't want to tell him because he also has medical issues and she didn't want to stress him. I feel like **** but I feel I'm not feeling as bad as I should. I used to live with my grandparents but I wasn't very close to my grandmother and I feel I've drifted further. She has surgery soon but what happens after? How long do I have left with her? These are questions I know you guys may not be able to answer but I just want to get my thoughts out. The doctors are still not too sure of everything but it all seems much more real to me now. My siblings don't know yet. My uncle doesn't know yet. No one knows yet. I just feel like ****. I apologize if nothing is really clear but thats just how I feel right now.

1 Heart

Sorry about your grandmother. It will take a long process. I had a grandmother that had cancer. Eventually your mother or your grandmother will have to tell the family because that might require surgery. Hang in there. One day at a time. Try to spend as much time as you can with your grandmother and help her as much as you can only if she wants. You and your family will have to stay strong for her. She will need alot of support. If you need use some distracting skills to help you when you feel sad. Like things you like to do. Hobbies etc... sitting outside enjoy the sun and nature. Take walks. Listen to your favorite music. Hugs

1 Heart