I just want to have my life back

I am a 24 year old graduate student and I and suffering from severe anxiety and panic disorder. It’s like if I go somewhere that I am not 100% familiar with or too far home, I start panicking. It’s this deep dread that I feel like the world is about to fall about. That I am seconds away from dying or I’ll be forever trapped somewhere. I also just got out of a 4yr relationship a few months. So I am single but too anxious to even meet new people. The crazy part about all of this is that these panic attacks and feelings of death all began less than a year ago. With such a sudden onset, I feel like I’m going to lose my friends because I can’t go on trips with them or go on outings because I’m too anxious. I am supposed to go to a concert in late April with my best friend and I fear that I will have to cancel on her because my brain is broken. I want to give up so bad. What kind of like am I living?

1 Heart

Are you able to access your college’s Student Services for Mental Health? Most campuses have access to therapy and if you need medication, they can help you through medical services or if the campus has a medical school, they might refer you there. Anxiety can creep up at any time. This might be due to stress as you said you just broke from a long term relationship and you are in Graduate school. All in all a lot of stress. We are so glad you are here posting, support does help. But do look into therapy, either through your school or online. Let us know how we can best support you during this time. -SG