I know the grass isn't green on the other side however

You have all heard the saying " the grass isn't always green on the other side". I've always said this to my friends but never would I be in the situation I am in today.

I'm going to be completely honest with you all. 5 years ago, I started talking to someone and we really hit it off! Unfortunately, we ended up losing contact and he and I went our separate ways. I found out that the reason he stopped talking to me was because he decided to go back to his ex-gf. I was hurt by this but I had already found someone new so I really didnt care what he did.

I've been with my current man for 5 years now. I do love him but sometimes I feel like we're more like roomates than couples. I understand every couple needs their space but maybe i'm just hitting that point where i feel like the passion we had is just fading.

Recently, we found each other through facebook and we've been talking ever since. The feelings between us are very strong. I found out today that his ex-gf did him wrong and they are no longer together. Its as if we're picking up where we left off 5 years ago. I never thought I would even consider this but I really want to be with him in a romantic way. Maybe i want it to happen, but at the same time I know i couldnt take it emotionally. Its a roller coaster sometimes. I really want to be with him and every time we talk it just gets better and better.

Has anyone walked through my shoes about this?

hi monique

he left u to go back to his last girlfriend who did him wrong.

and its just the same, well for your sake i hope it isnt because that means u have spent five years without moving on emotionaly or financially, and we all move on views, lives , health all change.

id keep him as a net pal but not go there if u want sanity.

cos im sure hes prob a "player" with little wife or gf at home.

but i have been wrong

as alwys loving thoughts and positive vibes

I would certainly honor your marriage and give that a proper chance to get to a healthier place, where you are happy and fulfilled again. Have you talked to your husband about how you are feeling?

To me, it seems that this guy could be an escape from your marriage at the moment and you could really be creating an illusion of a perfect relationship, where the reality could be vastly different. I don't know if it's a good idea to keep communicating with this man, because you are setting yourself up for emotional turmoil. Take care of your marriage first and see where that goes, then you can always re-visit this man later should it be appropriate.

Wishing you all of the very best!