I’ll apologize in advance for the length of this & I’ll

I’ll apologize in advance for the length of this & I’ll try to make it the short version but I want to give enough info.

I am 37, my fiancé is 41 – we have a one year old son.

When I met him I knew he had an addition in the past – but he had been clean for a little over year – that was almost 3 years ago.

About 6 months ago things changed in our relationship, he was irritable, he stopped coming to bed with me, he was inconsiderate, etc.
I asked him if he was cheating or doing drugs, he made me feel like I was crazy and an *** for even asking.

About a month after that I found a pipe – he made up a really lame excuse about it.
I gave him the benefit of doubt.

Then, a few months after that ( a month ago) I caught him in our garage – smoking meth. He immediately gave me a lie – but then admitted to it – we talked and I told him he had to get treatment.
He said he would, but then he left town for 2 weeks for work, and when he got back everything seemed good – so, I mistakenly let it go. I didn’t realize that he was high and had been high the whole time. I didn’t realize that him “normal” to me is him high.

Last Monday ( the 1st) I got home from work only to find him doing it again, smoking and pleasuring himself – IN OUR GARAGE!!!
I made him leave, without any conversation – I was furious. I feel so betrayed, he has had to tell so many lies, and who only knows what else.

He came back in the middle of the night – and we just didn’t speak for days.
Then finally I told him that I would give him until the end of the month to be in some kind of active treatment – or else he has to leave no questions asked.

Unlike before, I know he is trying this time, because he is suffering from withdrawals ( I think) he has been sleeping around 15-19 hours a day since Saturday – I don’t’ know when he showered or changed clothes last ( not like him at all)
He is no help and I will not leave our son alone with him.
His sleep is restless and he moves from our bed, to the couch, to the guest room.
When I wake up in the mornings I find messes he has left half-eaten food all over the place. ( also not like him at all)

I want to be supportive, but it’s hard to not feel a great amount of anger, resentment, fear.
He has not once mentioned a sorry or even acknowledged what is going on.

I feel like he had to have been using daily or every few days or else I would have seen a crash like this before.
He was staying high.

There are so many mixed feelings that come with all this.
I can’t even believe this is my life right now.

I am sticking to my guns so far as treatment – he will do it or he will have to live somewhere else.

I don’t’ know if I even have questions.

I guess I want to know if that sounds like withdraw, how long does it last, what should I expect and how do I deal or help?

Thanks for reading and for any response.

I don't know anything about meth withdrawal, but I think you're doing the right thing by sticking to your guns about treatment or out. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, especially with a one-year old. Hopefully he will seek treatment, but ultimately you need to put your happiness and your son's first.

I am so sorry that this is happening. Meth is such a horrible problem- it is rampant in our country. I agree that you need to stick to your guns about treatment. I have never seen a meth addict quit successfully without treatment. If he tries to convince you that he is gonna stay clean and doesnt need treatment do not buy in!!! For his sake and your families sake demand treatment!! Addiction is not just about doing drigs, it is behavioral, emotional, chemical brain imbalances, the list goes on! If he doesnt get treatment, he will use again, no doubt about it. I would also encourage you to go to NarcAnon meetings. It will help you to better understand what is going on, and how to know if he is hiding his use.
I wish you all the best!!