I lost my best friend 11/20/10

My mother was diagnosed March 17, 2010 with stave IV lung cancer that has mestatized to her brain and just a short 8 months later she was declared terminal as the cancer that was radiated from her brain before she started chemo on her lungs had returned because she had underone 6 weeks of radiation on her lungs as the chemo did not work.
The tumors in her lungs had shrunk a little but had spread to her brain, adrenal glands and elsewhere in her body so Wednesday we get word that she is terminal and that Saturday she passed away.
It was just 3 weeks this past Saturday that she left us and I actually had someone tell me to snap out of the funk I am in cause it is effecting me. My mother died you inconsiderate jackass!
My mind feels blank and my limbs feel heavy as if I was swimming for days but I go through he routine of work then home them work again and hope for the day when I feel happy for the time I had with her and accept that she is gone in body but not in spirit.

Hi taledo329, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom passing. Everyone grieves differently. Let no one tell you how to grieve. The holidays can be especially hard on us when we have lost a loved one so very close to us. Is there a grief support group in your area that you can attend? With time, it will get better. Keep hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. Keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing. We are here for you. I will say a prayer for you. ((((hugs))))

taledo

u have done exceptionaly well to still be functioning at all during this period, sometimes people are inconsiderate cos they dont know what to say to help,

as blu says joining a support group can help but its early days yet so dont be so harsh on yourself, journaling can sometimes help in these early days,

recently i lost my sis in law of fourty years the hole she left is huge but i know she wouldnt want me to live life in a vaccum so i keep going daily although its painfull and so many things i dont do anymore cos we did them together and yes i cry and rant and rave sometimes i burst into hysterical laughter as i comtemplate the minutes/days/years i have to be without her

but we all get to a sort of tranquility in the end

hoping u have a more settled day

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes
D :)

Domestic brings up a great point that I always try to remember myself when feeling sad from thinking about my loved ones who have passed. I try to remember that they would want me to be happy. Journaling is also a great idea and for some it works very well. It also helps to have others to talk to. Please feel free to keep sharing with us. ((((hugs))))

Taledo,
Im very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Its a hard thing to go through when someone you love passes. My daughter just resently passed away. It will be 5 weeks this wed. It hard to go on knowing I never get to see her again. My time with her was very short. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with her, went in for an ultrasound and she no longer had a heartbeat. I then had to give birth to my baby girl knowing I wouldn't be able to take her home. Please let me know if you need to talk. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending hugs your way!!!