I lost my husband unexpectedly on Oct 15, 2015. He was only

I lost my husband unexpectedly on Oct 15, 2015. He was only 39 years old and he was very healthy. I'm still in shock and denial, I think. We have been married for almost 11 years and have three daughters, ages 7, 9, and 18. It's so sad and lonely not having him here with me, and trying to help the girls get through this by myself. I miss him terribly, he was the love of my life and my best friend.

1 Heart

I'm so sorry. Do you go to therapy?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have lost both my parents and what helped me and still does is family , friends, and wonderful memories.

My heart goes out to you. He can still see you and hear you even though you can't do the same. Get a book called "embraced by the light" by Bettie Eddie. It helped me when my mum died and it might help you too. One day when your time comes, you will be together again. Life goes so fast..immerse yourself in the lives of your girls and stay strong together..he will be vying for you..all the way.

The sudden loss of a spouse is one of the most traumatic experiences a person can go through. You have so much to deal with now: loss, grief, guilt, fear for your future, worry about your kids, etc. etc. It's been just over 2 months since he died, and that is a very short time to come to grips with this level of grief. People usually take a year or 2 to get over it. You deserve lots of support right now, and so do your children, because they are hurting a lot too. I'm wondering if there's a bereavement support group you can attend? Or a widows support group. Google and see if there's anything nearby. Sometimes hospitals have these groups. You may also be able to find a bereavement group for children or for families. You can also speak to the people who helped with the funeral (funeral directors, minister, etc.) because they might know of some support. There are also books out there like "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" which has lots of tips, and "The grief recovery handbook," which explains how to set up a grief recovery partner to work with. I also find that crying and journaling can help. Also a good therapist for you and/or kids, or a family therapist, who has expertise in this field, can help a great deal. My very best wishes to you and your kids for a healing from this.

1 Heart

From Mental & Physical Abuse to Grief & Loss