I lost the Love of my life My husband

He was the best husband a girl could ever want and now he is gone. I am so lost I walk around in a daze and drive to no where. I miss him so bad , he was my sole mate and I was his. We were best friends traveled to some of he best places and had wonderful plans for the future . He was to retire in December and we were to buy a winter home in Florida. Then on June 6th he went to the emergency room with flu like simptoms and died in emergency sergery. I took him in at 7 am and by 12:30 he was dead.We were marrid 18 years ago on Valentines day I have 4 stepchildren and 7 gradchildren, thank God for them , my family and friends. But with all that I am so sad, it takes everthing I have to get out of bed and when I do I don't want to do anything. I only wish I could turn back time and took him to the hospital sooner...

What sad, its the most difficult thing that I can imagine.

The only thing I can say is that i wish that you can found the inner strengh to find some kind of meaning in what happend. Perhaps that the name of Victor Frankl can help you. Just search in Youtube. It has helped me allot to deal the worst situations in my life.

I'm so sorry, Debbie, that you lost your husband. It is so difficult to all of a sudden be all alone. I wish I knew a magic phrase to say to make all the pain go away. I lost my husband last February, and although we didn't always get along after 35 years, I sure miss the good stuff. No one can fill the void, and no one can take his place.

A friend of mine - who is also a widow for 10 years, explained to my sister that no matter how many people are around you, you still feel completely alone, when you have lost a spouse.

Let your family and friends help you, and don't be afraid to tell them that you need help. If your step-children are like mine, they want to help you, but just don't know how. It's okay to tell them.

And please keep expressing yourself here. There are so many others here who have gone through the same thing, and you can find strength from knowing that you are not alone.

Debbie, I too lost my husband suddenly in April,with a massive heart attack. Totally unexpected, we had a wonderful day, but he was alone when he passed. This is something I struggle with a lot. I wish I could have been with him, and although I know it was his time for God to take him, I foolishly think if I had been there I could have changed things. I wish I knew how to move forward when all I want is to turn back time, so I could be with him again. I look forward to when I can see him again in heaven. Raylene, AKA Funny Face a pet name my husband called me.

am so so sorry for your loss. am around family now but as you i still feel very alone with out my wife around...she was and still is the love of my life......have found an apartment now and this will be the true test of my grief and lonliness

From Mental & Physical Abuse to Grief & Loss