I’m watching something and my spirit just said something t

I’m watching something and my spirit just said something to me. My father has a hard time accepting me because he cannot forgive his own father for the things that happened in his childhood and I remind him of his father. I look like him etc.
So it is not me.. it is him. It is his own anger towards his father that he can’t let go of. So there is nothing that I could say or do that would change that. He has to make peace with his father!

1 Heart

Wow, that is a lot. Is your grandfather alive?

1 Heart

@CKBlossom no.
My Mom didn’t forgive her father either even after all the years of her life.
People just hold on to anger and we have to let it go!
He is supposedly sober now so it is an opportunity to work through his stuff and really forgive his father.
But I don’t get my hopes up.
These thoughts just pop into my head because there was only one other reason he would have an issue with me. But I think this is the other.
The older I get , the more I am reminded of how much I am like my Grandpa.
I forage my father a long time ago. I just don’t want to hang out with him. Lol… he is a sick narcissist and I think he will be drinking again any day.
He had to stop for a surgery and he is in healing mode. That doesn’t keep an alcoholic sober long term.

Yes very true that it’s definitely not you. Most people who mistreat others is because of their own issues or insecurity. Even if you do something bad, healthy people wouldn’t humiliate or yell at you or make you feel like dog. They understand how to handle issues n I’m learning every day something. I have more compassion for those that treat me bad even bc it’s usually due to fact that person is miserable inside. I’m glad that your realizing it’s not you n not internalizing anymore your father mistreatment. Hope you continue to let go of past and live happy n carefree in life!

1 Heart

@Foundlove so true. He is insecure. And he would freak out on me when I was very young. He had no self control. You get it and it feels good to read that. I have had to fight hard to not internalize his abuse , especially when he started doing it when I was so young. He got everyone to turn on me. It is pretty bad why he started doing that but it was him … not me.
These thoughts just pop in my mind sometimes.
Clarity feels good. Thank you.