I need help I'm having bad anxiety. It effecting my life. Wh

I need help I'm having bad anxiety. It effecting my life. What can I do. I take atavan for it. And drink chamomile tea twice a day. And work out. Is there any other way to help control anxiety? People say meditate. What does that mean. Can someone anyone please help me.

1 Heart

Where are you from? I have heard meditating can be very helpful but it takes practice and some people think it's weird. I take meds too and tea also helps. I use to take therapy and my BDT counselor told me about "self soothing" and it's very helpful! Find things that you like that distract your senses, like a candle that smells like a cozy fall day or listen to a song that always makes you happy.

I'm from ca. Oh but what is meditating. I don't understand what I'm suppose to do.

1 Heart

Pray, center yourself on the Lord who holds all power.

2 Hearts

Amen

1 Heart

I tried a bunch of stuff to help my anxiety. What works the best for me is to do whatever causes the anxiety over and over. Hugs.

1 Heart

That's the thing I don't know my trigger

1 Heart

I like to try guided imagery to start off with, if you are unsure how to meditate. Youtube has a lot of guided imagery options. The whole point is to try to focus our thought, if we are focused on one thing, our minds can more easily give up the anxiety.

1 Heart

How is your stress level?