I need your guys advice. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to fi

I need your guys advice. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to find out what type of H I have. I have been given advice that I shouldn't worry about it, and finding out will make things worse. I wish I didn't know I have it, so will not knowing what type be good?
I see quite a few of you knowing what type, and it seems beneficial. I need to know if I have type 2, so I can know what to expect. Or if it's type 1 on my penis, and my mouth. My penis is having a red rash right now. Shouldn't I know if it's 1 or 2? Or should I just let it go and see what happens, hoping the peace of not knowing will help me instead of knowing and stressing out. On the flip side, I might get peace of mind from knowing. Any advice? Would you wish to know/not know your type?

1 Heart

Peace of mind does not come from lack of knowledge. If I had herpes, I would want to know type, when, where, with whom I got it, what I can do about it, treatments, and what's being done to find a cure

You should know which type as although both are transmittable there are different risks and precautions to be taken.

2 Hearts

It'd be good to know what type you have.

1 Heart