I really dont know where to start ,,, I suffer from major de

I really dont know where to start ,,, I suffer from major depression and anxiity, panic attacks and ptsd. i dont know where to turn. I have a son who suffers from schizophrenia .He was told 3 yrs ago he was borderline and was getting help then he quit after the first meds didnt help . His grandfather is full peranoid schizophrenic and so is his cousin. Things have been going so bad and he is trying to get back on help but its taking some time for the intake at the MHMR. He cant work , his realationship is falling apart. His girlfriend he lives with is also bipolor and they feed off each others panic attacs. Its getting to point its scaring me . I have never seen my son of 23 cry. The fear in his eyes wasn tthere befor. Itried to get them both go to mental hospital willingly to get help but they refuse to be without each other and are worried that they will make them stay. Itis way worse never seen it this bad befor.They boththink negative thoughts about each other and have gotten physical. i have tried to get them to seperate untill they are both on meds buti cant get threw. I know when my son is about to zone out. He gets a blank stare on his face so i try to change subject. she on other hand freaks out and has went after him pushing his buttons and that scares the crap out of me. cause then he in turns well he looses it the look on his face the look in his eyes its like theres nothing there. they live about 50 feet from me an i lay awake at night unable to sleep worring somthing going to happen. They want to move in with us and honestly im afraid of them both. people tell me to call the police when they gt out of controle but thats easier said then done.i tried tofind a support group for familysbut this is only place I have found. I need some advice any advice. i live in texas and i cant forcethem to go to hospital and the only waypolice will stepinis if they actualy have harmed them selves or someone else. please i dont know how much longer i can keep myself from loosing controle.

1 Heart

You cannot help other people if you first don't help yourself. And the problem is that you pile up all the troubles, onto one huge mountain of problems. This won't do. You need to start organizing things, and make a list of the issues, and then tackle them one by one.

So here we go.

We first separate the problems by the people.

-Your son
-Your grandfather
-daughter in law

major depression, anxiety, panic attacks and ptsd



-your son
-schizophrenic , fights with gf

-daughter in law
-bipolar, fights with bf

Ok, now we set up the Tree of problems.

Basically, the MAIN gist of your story is that everything that is seemingly going wrong with your family is attributed to the fact that schizophrenia is a genetic disease that seemingly runs in your family. And is causing havoc and destruction through all the generations of the collective family life. And is making life extremely hard for all of you to cope with.

The solution: Family therapy


Instead of reacting on the situation with emotions, i would like you to use the sword of knowledge and information to fight this crippling disease in your family with all your might.

Please read everything you possibly can read on http://schizophrenia.com/ to inform yourself, and with that knowledge, bring family therapy and treatment to all of it's suffering members to alleviate the problems related to schizophrenia that are occurring in your family.

As the information states:

Can't be cured, but treatment may help
Treatment is usually lifelong and often involves a combination of medications and psychological and social therapy.
Chlorpromazine by injection or by mouth, Haloperidol by injection (Haldol) or by mouth, Fluphenazine by injection or by mouth, Risperidone (Risperdal), Quetiapine (Seroquel), Ziprasidone (Geodon), Olanzapine by injection or by mouth (Zyprexa), Benztropine, Perphenazine, Thioridazine, Aripiprazole (Abilify), Reserpine, Prochlorperazine, Clozapine (Clozaril)
Also common
Lifestyle: Psychoeducation
Therapies: Support group, Rehabilitation, Cognitive therapy, Family therapy, Behavior therapy, Group psychotherapy
Psychiatrist: Treats mental disorders primarily with medications.
Primary care provider (PCP): Prevents, diagnoses, and treats diseases.
Clinical psychologist: Treats mental disorders primarily with talk therapy.

GET HELP FOR YOUR FAMILY! If you want to save your family, you would definitely bring this information to them, and try to keep stimulating them to get the treatment they need with help and advice from the website that i gave to you.

A branch problem, is the relationship issues that your son has with his GF.

You are very worried about this. But this is also a problem that you have. You are namely worrying beyond your circle of competence. I know it's completely normal for you to worry about your children, your grandfather and his cousin to some extend. However, you must NOT forget, that everyone is responsible for their own lives primarily. I know you want to help these people, but to some extend you also need to let these people live their own lives. Your sons life, is not your life, your grandfathers life is not your life either. You have connections, but you must understand that you cannot live their lives for them. You must understand that your circle of reach only extends so far, and that any problems outside of your solar system so to speak is something you need to let go off. Otherwise you go crazy! So please don't carry the load of the entire world on your shoulders. You cannot handle it.

A person with mental problems, shouldn't be in a relationship, but should be visiting a psychiatrist. Both of them are best to break up and get their problems resolved at a mental clinic, if they don't want to do so, then please let them go and let go of your responsibility. You did your effort, then if they don't want. Fine, you go your own way just as they do.

I can only ask in the same way for your family's sake, please read the entire website and GET HELP FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

On top of that, you can even advice couple counselling to your son and his GF.

I also recommend that besides psychiatric help, you and your family reads the following book. (or at least maybe you can guide you yourself and your family with it.

I recommend the book: Surviving Schizophrenia, 6th Edition: A Family Manual


This in order to give you more tools to cope with schizophrenia and it's devastating effects.

This all in order to make you and your family start walking on the pathway of recovery and managing your illnesses in a more professional way.