I relapsed again even though I have been feeling a little beI relapsed again even though I have been feeling a little

I relapsed again even though I have been feeling a little better. The thoughts are always there in my head. Purge it out, you are too heavy, look at your thighs, be like the girls on Facebook. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and I can't stop the constant thoughts of exercising, purging, losing weight, etc. All I think about is what people are thinking of my weight and my looks. It consumes me. I tell myself I don't have a problem because I don't purge every day, and I tell myself I can stop any time, but the addiction to being thin and feeling the emptiness after purging is too great.

1 Heart

Hi , maybe it doesn't work this way for everyone , but it's what happened to me , I'm still in progress to fully recover , but I recognized my mistakes now and do the best that I can to change them. Your constant thoughts of getting thin are causing your relapse. Trying to forget a little about the body goals we have is a big challenge for all of us , but is necessary for a successful recovery. You have to trust in your body , you have metabolism and it actually works. If you eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks between these 3 meals , you'll certainly attempt to your body needs , and if you're nourished , you won't binge. In the beginning is pretty hard to get used to it , but if you do it , you'll notice the frequency of binges decreasing as you follow the correct meal plan , interrupt the binge cycle and the purges ... Believing in ourselves is the primary step to take. I Hope this can be helpful for you ;) Please don't feel guilty about what happened , this will only make the things worst. We must learn with our relapses, then we can change our behavior in a next time.

1 Heart

thank you so much :) I usually do pretty well and I have been doing better at feeling good about myself even when I don't workout and stuff its just been my way of thinking for so long and I was made fun of for so long that its hard to undo 10+ years of conditioning

1 Heart