I resent my ex wife for giving me herpes and that she was ad

I resent my ex wife for giving me herpes and that she was adulterous. Thinking about it always brings me back to the same feelings that I can never fully share myself with another any longer and then of committing suicide. I've reached out for help and either get treated as if I were the one who was cheating or I am blamed for the way I feel, which just makes me feel worse and I want to end my life even more so.

1 Heart

Life is more than this crappy hand you been dealt man, have you tried any of the herpes dating sites or support groups? The communities are soooo friendly and uplifting xxx

1 Heart

We all go through crap during our lives but at the end of the day do you really think about what has happened is worth dying for realistically. sometimes we all feel like we can't go on because someone has hurt us badly but time heals and remember that there will be someone out there for you and having herpes is not the worst thing that can happen to you trust me it does get better

2 Hearts

Thanks for your kindness guys. I fear the thought of giving this to anyone else, especially someone I care about or love. Just feels like I should be alone and not take that chance. Further more I'm far too old(was never good at either) to be dating. I spent most of my life with the one, always felt she was my only chance at happiness. It's been close to twenty five years of marriage and the whole time feeling inadequate due to previously stated comments. I've got a thirteen year old to raise so the suicide thing is not an option, just been there in the back of my head for a while now. I will struggle on.... Thanks again, maybe some day ill meet someone, but probably won't actively look.

First of all we all feel that we would not want to pass it on to someone else It is up to that person to make a choice and if they decide they are prepared to take the risk then there is no reason for you not to accept that. in time when you are in a better place there is no reason for you to not date. you are never too old to be with someone and you deserve to be happy just as anybody on here does. life with herpes does go on. For me it was about learning about it and understanding and managing it. all I can say is think about the positive in your life and the way I see it there are worse things that can happen to me and they're worse off people than me and I know that may sound corny but that's what I do when I feel like I can't cope or hate my life.

2 Hearts