I see that on this site a lot, on other peoples stuff "self-

I see that on this site a lot, on other peoples stuff "self-pity" I don't like it....please try not to use it.... We are all on here because we do need to care about ourselves and each other.... Big hugs! Thank you to my supporters...

2 Hearts

I agree!!! BIG HUGS TO ALL ^_^

1 Heart

@Blackheart that’s it! Let’s keep that positive live flowing it will help all of us…:))

Hugs and cuddles to all!!!

1 Heart

Random hugs are the best, because they always come from a loving place... Big Bear Hugs to One & All!!!

1 Heart

You are worth supporting. People need to remember that since you can "self-pity" can be started, it can also be stopped. The only way you can be happy with yourself, is to stop hating yourself, it's that simple.

@StewLin I don’t hate myself, I love my self…

@Adelicious We are not physically right there by you, but we are “physical”. We do care and you are welcome.

@Ethos That’s your opinion…but pitty, or feeling sorry for ourselves is all part of the healing process… We all need to FEEL, it’s okay to feel everything from sadness and pitty to anger and frustration, to hope live and happiness.
Good night

For me the word "pity" is a trigger I guess....as the woman who gave birth to me, then spent the next 18 years trying to kill me always loved to say "stop wallowing in your self pity". The last time she said that to me was the day after my dad shot himself twice...she also said "get over it he's dead" and that was the day after he died as well...what a pleasant person....omg,.. Evil is alive and well. No child, and I mean no child should ever have to see there own mother as she kills them! A users can go from looking very normal to looking like a crazed killer .... Their whole face changes...it's weird... Haven't had those people in my life for a very long time..toxic...

1 Heart

@Theunloved Honestly I think you and Ethos are both correct. I think it is a disease and a trap. Which was why you made this post. To get people out of the trap. But I also agree that pity has its place in the healing process and that we should accept people for where they are. I don’t feel that we should feed pity…Soooooo Whatcha having for breakfast? I can’t decide myself… :confused:

It's actually insulting for someone to say about a depressed person that they have to get out of self pity. Depression is a disease , it's not like it's a choice, because it's not... So I feel that this comment "self- pity" is the same as saying "you need to get out of depression" ....9 suicides in my family all on my dads side....I know a whole lot more then most about depression. I sure don't think that Robin Williams was wallowing in self pity....omg no, he was depressed....that man was very generous and always helping others....... That's not a man who is selfish at all.....depression needs to be better understood...

1 Heart

I try to avoid that term myself. I prefer to decide for myself on a case by case basis whether any feelings of sadness about my situation are feelings that are healthy or unhealthy for me to have.

2 Hearts