I suffer with bipolar

I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH BIPOLAR FOR YEARS AND I'M LIKE MOST THE MEDICINE THE DOCTORS GIVE YOU MAKE YOU LIKE ZOMBIES AND DON'T REALLY HELP WITH THE BIPOLAR YOU STILL HAVE VERY BAD MOOD SWINGS I'M NOT SURE IF THERE REALLY IS MUCH HELP OUT THERE AND IT'S HARD ON MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE MY DISEASE THEY NEVER KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO REACT AROUND THEM ALOT OF TIMES I WISH I DIDN'T FEEL THE WAY I DO IT HURTS ALOT OF THE TIMES I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS FOREVER

I felt very much like you do until I put myself into an intensive out patient program, it was only three hours a day three days a week, but it opened up my world. They straightened our my meds, my previous pdoc had me on so many meds i was a walking coma! I hardly remember '09, seriously!!! They gave me so many coping skills, my self esteem came back, i lost weight, it was just a great experience, I would recommend it to anyone who is really struggling. You are not your bipolar, it is only a part of you, you need to learn to control it so it doesn't control you!!! I don't want to sound preachy because I know it isn't easy, it was a long painful process but I swear, for me at least it was worth all the pain, I have even been able to reconcile my marriage. I wish you all the best and you can always message me if you need to talk! I hope you feel less raw soon.

Recipe: Trial and error, positive thinking, and a support network;) Hang in there and remember that we all have our struggles....... Some of us have similiar ones and some different ones and it's how we deal with them, that makes us who we are;)

I have faith in your journey and support you;) Peace Always, Manic

I feel the same way about meds. I have bipolar and ocd since i was a kid. Nothings ever worked. Im not going to say everything good for me becaus ein reality I am suffering but what makes me feel better is animals. I have a rabbit and he means everything to me. I would be dead if it werent for him. I think its good to know about how people really are and to not let them turn you into a zombie. I dont take meds but I pretend I do. The truth is most people dont care and you need to take care of yourself and be strong.

I have bipolar as well and OCD too. Many have diffrent stories how medicine effects them, yea most meds do make u feel like a zombie. For example, My doctor put me on seroquel and it made me more suicidal and I slept constantly.
I went back and I told him that I didnt feel right and this medication wasnt working. It took alot of talking with my doctor and some patients but we found the right one's that I needed. After a couple of week's I begin feeling better and felt normal again. Now, I have been off my medication for over a year b/c I havent been able to afford it, but I greatly wish I could b/c I am having so many problems just being off of it.
Like the others posted, you have to take care of you first, no one else knows how or what you are feeling before you do. Talking to other's helps a great deal finding a therapist or a support group in your area helps out as well, even talking to a friend helps.
People that are "normal" as I say that dont have bipolar they dont understand what it is like to have the illness and its hard for them to help you. You can try educating them by giving the pamphlets and books to read if you chose to go that route.
Bottom line is you have to learn to control it and not let it control you, if you dont feel right on your medication talk to your doctor. If you just need someone to talk too I would be more than happier to talk too you.
Best of Luck !
Shadow

i know what you're going through hun. i've had bipolar for about 10 or 11 years now and it's been insane. i still haven't found the right medication. i'm only 17 but it feels like my whole life.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder