I take ativan for anxiety but it seems that the side effects

I take ativan for anxiety but it seems that the side effects and the addiction problems are worse than the anxiety ! Any comments or advice?

1 Heart

Welcome to SG! Can you tell us a bit more about what is going on: what sort of side effects, how serious is your anxiety, how long has this been going on, what else have you tried ... stuff like that. I take the occasional clonazepam and I've been on prozac for decades now. Some anti-depressants do seem to alleviate anxiety, at least to some degree. However, I also do quite a bit of meditation which generally keeps me from getting too deeply anxious. Wishing you well, and looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Heart

@Kernow Welcome to SG! You will meet many people here, fondly called SG friends. The bottom of the page is a FAQ, it will assist you in navigating the site. The top right of the page are numerous groups, also there is a Support Someone icon, familarized yourself with them. You may join as many groups as necessary. There is an Anxiety group. SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow.....