I took 50 mgs of trazodone and slept half the day away. I do

I took 50 mgs of trazodone and slept half the day away. I don't think that's good, but am trying to slowly wean myself off the drug.

you must be extremely sensitive to the medicine, i take 150 mg and it barely keeps me down throughout the night.

@Angrykitten I never thought that I might be sensitive to the trazodone. I am only taking 50 mgs every third night. It just knocks me out cold.

Hi,
I would suggest you talk w/ the doctor that prescribes it to you just to be on the safe side. You might be able to cut the dose in half wo/ the unwanted effects, but always consulate your doctor first :)

@SeeingBeyondDarkness Thank you for your response. I have spoken to my doctor she is okay with me getting off the drug. Although she did say I could cut the pill in two so am only taking 25 mgs.

I take Seroquel 100mg for sleep and it creates a fog in the morning for me at times. I have never taken trazodone so i don't have personal experience with it

@SeeingBeyondDarkness I have never tried Seroquel is it a drug that you need a prescription for from your doctor.