I used to take 2 klonapan (clonazapam) (anti-anxiety med) a

I used to take 2 klonapan (clonazapam) (anti-anxiety med) a day. I've been tapering off for a year, really slowly, because I hate withdrawal symptoms. I am at the very end of my taper. I'm now taking one eighth of a .50 tab (.06 mg) every 10 hours. So far no withdrawal symptoms. However, I did have 3 anxiety attacks in the past month, for which I took .25 each time. Please wish me luck as I taper off. I increase the taper by 1/4 hour every day. i.e. Tomorrow it will be 1/8 of a tab every 10 hours and 15 minutes. What has been others' experience? I intend to go cold turkey at about 1/8 tab every 17 hours. Thanks.

1 Heart

I'm with you. I've tapered to one tab from two. Planning to take it as least as slowly as you. I'm taking it to reduce the severity and frequency of my Tardive Diskinezia symptoms. Scary to be on something addictive. How long were you on it?

1 Heart

I took it for about 2 years. I started when my mom died in October. Then my therapist of 29 years got deathly ill and disappeared from my life in April. Then I got laid off in October. How long have you been on it? I've been taking it for anxiety.

1 Heart