I was driving home with my mom. I've posted before that I wa

I was driving home with my mom. I've posted before that I was Christian and I'm not at an LGBT accepting church, so I cant be myself. I wanted to play a Christmas special song like a silent night or something with my mom. She said we can't because I am not a member of a church. I said she knows why I can't be a member there, but I said to her that you don't want to talk about it. Shes like as far as I have known you you have always been a girl. I'm like duh I know I am female. When we were opening the trunk to get groceries she said it makes her sick. I kinda understand. Our old church basically said everything was wrong and spewed hate wrapped in saying nice things and talking about God. In all my life, I have known that God loves me and no one can take his love away from. His love is unconditional. He is not mean he would never call me a mistake. He loves me. But my old church said those things. not my new church. My mom is living in the past church's way of thinking. I just want to get away from hearing things like who you are it makes me sick. I wish I wasnt attracted to and didnt like girls to but I do. They are not going to change me. Does anybody else have family that are religous and does anyone say ther things to you about it makes me sick? I hate living with people who think like this.

Here was my dads statement when they learned, that I was bisexual and that I had a man as a fiance.

"Our old time morals have kept us strong till now. We never thought we would have to deal with your new lifestyle at our age. Don't like it and believe it will not work out, but who knows that's for sure. Love you, but our relationship will change forever."

Haven't talked to him since then. Haven't visited my parents since then. I get 4 emails a year from my mom, but otherwise no contact.

Didn't have a lot of contact before then so it's no sweat off my back.

There are Christian churches that will accept you for who you are. I would suggest looking for an ELCA affiliated Lutheran church. Most of them are pretty tolerant.

I’m sorry that happened to you, but it’s good that your happy. My dads never said anything like my mom has. My therapist gave me a name of a Christian church that is accepting but it’s a town over. I don’t drive for health reasons, but thank you for the advice. I’ll look into more church’s like that that are closer to me. I am happy that my sister and brother in law fully accept me.

Something else my mom said was I think it’s just a phase because you’ve only been in male relationships. But I think she’d say that if I told her at 40.