I was just diagnosed with BPD by my doc after she put an inv

I was just diagnosed with BPD by my doc after she put an inventory in front of me, and I answered the questions. I've been seeing her for 2 years for my bipolar, But my meds never seem to work very well, never have. I do fine for a while, but I don't handle family or relationship stress well at all. I'm 44, and no one has ever asked me the questions on that inventory,,,, until NOW. So, I answered and I feel like I was at confession with a catholic priest. I never told anyone those things before. Ever. Why would I? And so now what? I've been doing them so long that I didn't really think much of it,,, and so what? I do it at night and on my own time and it really is the only thing that relieves my stress. And I cover it up so people don't see it. So how does that affect anyone else anyhow? I don't use drugs, I don't use alcohol, that's good right? Yes, I am a very emotional person. I overreact, always have, very sensitive, but im very empathic to others to. I've won awards for community service, i've had a good job for over 18 years, I've always worked a second job or gone to school, have a bachelors degree, etc. I know I'm broken, and messed up. But I try really hard to be better.

1 Heart

I am in the exact same situation as you and am pretty unsure of it all right now.

@DIRTPINK - Welcome to the BPD group, I have sent you a personal message.

1 Heart

I feel just like you. My only saving grace is that I was diagnosed last week. I'm only 33. But when I read the symptoms on the sheet it was like "Holy Geez..... That's me to a T....." and now it's like, where do I go? I'm terrified I'll never have normal relationships. It's overwhelming....

1 Heart