I was on Cymbalta from 5/26 to 8/14. Worst experience. From

I was on Cymbalta from 5/26 to 8/14. Worst experience. From early July to mid August I had suicidal ideation every day, and I mean EVERY DAY. It was driving me mad. Every time I would take the medicine in the morning I would pray that it would not do to me what it had been doing daily. Sure enough, after about 5 hours the suicidal thoughts would come around. Came very, very close one particular day in July to ending it all. I got off of this medicine on August 14th. Told my PCP I was getting off of it. She said, "I'm thankful you are alive to be telling me this, I actually hate Cymbalta, it's very dangerous, I won't prescribe it. Your psychiatrist should've taken you off of it immediately instead of trying to give it time to work. Back on Lexapro. Suicidal thoughts are gone. I'm glad that Cymbalta works for others but for me and many others it does not. It almost killed me.

1 Heart

Ed, I have been in healthcare for years until a merger with our health system. I had used Cymbalta for a short period. Thought I was losing my mind. I was on Lexapro for a few yrs. Did really well on Lexapro. Patients vary on their response to this class of meds called SSRI's. Always becomes a trial and error on what meds work and what ones don't. Always would recommend start low and go slow with dose adjustments. Ed, sun is out today my friend! George

1 Heart

@George0719 …George the sun is out in South Jersey, yeah baby!! Typical Fall day here. George, Cymbalta for me was “bad juju”…LOL