I was recently diagnosed with HPV, based on an abnormal pap.I was recently diagnosed with HPV, based on an abnormal

I was recently diagnosed with HPV, based on an abnormal pap. I'm not sure what strain only that mine can lead to cancer and is otherwise symptom-less. It has no warts. I go in for my first colposcopy on Tuesday. Since being diagnosed I've felt 100 percent zero interest in ever having sexual contact of any kind in my life ever again. I'm 37 and didn't lose my virginity until I was 23. People are telling me I'm "too young" to make a claim like that, but I feel so guilty thinking I may/probably have given this to others without any way of knowing. It's the only "right" course of action for me. I also found that, because I'm the diagnosed one, I've become the target for people being particularly unsympathetic with me. I'm their "Person X" after warning them they may have it due to past contact with me. I'm getting VERY frustrated with their being angry at me. I didn't intentionally go around infecting people and in the end someone had to give it to me too. But then, I'll never be able to know who my Person X/source of HPV is. It's all just so unfair that I'm getting the grief for being everyone's source, when I'll never know my own.

You and I are in the exact same boat. I'm in the same stage as you so I can't offer any advice, but just know you are not alone.

Thank you. Good luck to you!