I was wondering has anyone on here ever had suicidal thought

I was wondering has anyone on here ever had suicidal thoughts because of their ED? I never thought I would get to that point honestly. It's great finding this support group because I can read stories of other's ED problems and I see that I'm not alone. I'm no longer having suicidal thoughts but I would be lying if I said it's not still there in back of my mind somewhere. If anyone has had suicidal thoughts because of their ED, how did you overcome those thoughts?

I'm 40 and I've been dealing with ED since I was 19, and I think my situation it's more mental than physical. I've seen doctors and tried all the medicines but nothing has worked. The thing that I get depressed the most about is not being able to start a family. I want to have a wife and kids, however, almost every girl I meet, the relationships don't last long because of my ED issues. I tried the approach of staying from girls for fear of me losing another relationship, I tried this for 2 years. But sometimes things happen that one can't control. I recently met a girl after 2 years and the cycle continued. We recently broke up because of my ED. I will try again not to get into any relationship for as long as I can, it's kind of sad because I want to fall in love and love someone, but my fear of another rejection because of ED will most likely keep me away from meeting anyone new again.

Since this is such a sensitive issue that I can't really talk to my friends and family about, I'm glad I found this support group. Even if my issue is not able to be fixed, at least there's this community I can come to.

1 Heart

I hope you're feeling better today <3

1 Heart

Thank you Ana, I've been reading a lot of the posts here over the last few days and there are some great advice. That certainly has helped.

1 Heart

@Jamesedwards I’m so glad hugs

Have you tryed injections @jamesedwards

I have a few other things I want to try before injections. Like natural remedies. Injections will probably be the last option. But the injections does look like it might help.

1 Heart

I know injections seem so extream . I read they are expensive

1 Heart

injections are pretty extreme indeed, but from reading around, I don’t think it’s the most extreme. The most extreme would have to be the actual surgery I think.