I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I have an upcomin

I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I have an upcoming acting class at my college, having wanted to try out other fields. I have issues making friends with or getting along with women non-romantically. I always have an issue being able to see them as either just friends or classmates. My previous approach was to try and interact socially with whoever I could and do not factor whether it is a man or a woman; I trying to be a better socializer as well. It has been confusing, however, when my therapist says don't interact with certain kinds of women because they might trigger some of my personal bad habits. This has sort of a jolting way to approach the subject--it leaves me constantly thinking, "is this a good person to socialize with?" "Are you sure you want to socialize with this person?" I am not trying to make an excuse to go back to bad habits, but I want to socialize and be as reasonably casual about it as possible.

I am curious as to what your therapist meant? I mean, aren't there a ton of different women out there, how are you supposed to avoid a sub group of them?

1 Heart

@CKBlossom What I can say is that some groups of women trigger bad habits in me. For the most part, I think I am capable of straightforwardly socializing when I determine to do so–in a romantically neutral fashion, that is. I thought I was doing okay beforehand; maybe I had romantic feelings in me, but my primary goal was socialization and with a variety of people, and I never acted on my romantic feelings. I thought the idea of this was: How do you get better at socializing if you do not try to be social with multiple people? Part of the problem is he said to not interact if you can with someone who you find attractive; problem is I find most people somewhat attractive nowadays.