I wish everyone was going to be able to accept the fact that

I wish everyone was going to be able to accept the fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with a woman instead of a man...

7 Hearts

I understand that. And being a feminine lesbian definitely doesn't help other's judgements.

1 Heart

Thats how I feel right now

1 Heart

There will come a moment, that just recently came to me, that you won't give a **** about all the opinions of those people. And once you are able to let go of that, it's the best feeling in the world.

1 Heart

I wouldnt give a **** what others think, or wish they would accept. If they cant do that, than to hell with them.

Here's how I phrase it: who will be at your side when you are dying or in deep trouble? Who will you want there? The rest don't matter. I defer to the great poet Dr. Seuss, to paraphrase: Those who mind who you are don't matter and those who matter don't mind. It really is true! Love who you want and screw the rest of the world, they are meaningless in the end.

I was just having a similar Convo with my therapist the other day (I am bi). I continue to be hurt by my family's disapproval and anger... Dr. Said, quit changing yourself to make others happy. Behave as you are. It is THEIR problem to deal with it, NOT yours. Do not apologize for who you are. It will only hurt you. Those words helped me a great deal. I have spent too many years trying to fit in an ugly, uncomfortable, box.