I wish there was a cure for herpes.. I feel so desperate

I wish there was a cure for herpes.. I feel so desperate

6 Hearts

The more research, and advocacy the close we become to a cure. In the meantime take care of yourself, and never let the virus dictate how you should feel about yourself. Hugs to you!

2 Hearts

Thank you so much!! I just hope they find one soon :/

1 Heart

We are all looking for that magic cure!

1 Heart

I'm sure in ten years they'll be decent cure. Till then live life and love yourself.

Why so desperate. Whats bringing you down?

@lisajd I just wish I didn't have this.. I know I should be positive and continue to live my life and stuff happens, but I hate that having herpes determines whether somebody wants to be with me or not because of the risks and I don't know how I'll be able to live with transmitting this to somebody else.. I got it 2 months ago and haven't had sex since the person who gave it to me we tried but i was just to traumatized I couldn't do it. And I started talking to my ex again and he knows that I have this I've been keeping it a secret from my family I don't think I'll ever be able to tell them.. I don't want this.. And I hate when I look in the mirror that's all I think about

Agreed. This place has helped me more in 15 minutes than anything to know people feel like I do.

3 Hearts

Yeah it has been a help for me also I just get down sometimes and just wish that I didn't have this.. I guess I haven't really accepted it yet. I'm on acyclovir and I heard it also helps with transmission and stuff

I feel you. I actually had to tell the guy I'm dating today. He's in the military and I went to visit and had to tell him. First time I've ever done that. He said he was okay and still wanted to see me but I have a feeling he's setting me up for a slow let down

1 Heart

Only you can change those thoughts. If someone is prepared to take the risk let them. The risk from women to men is lower. I have learned that you need to be happy single as well and get on with your life. It takes time to get through it but you have to challenge the negative thoughts.

2 Hearts

Lol that's so fake^^^ I really don't believe those.. I talked to one of them and wanted me to send them $200.. Nah I may be vulnerable and desperate but I'm not dumb when it comes to my money lol I'll wait for a vaccine. And omg Paige for real? Well if he really cares he'll stick around and see you for you and not the virus.. I tell myself this also and it is true :/ everyone has flaws and if they don't want to accept them then they're just not for us.. And we're young

4 Hearts

Yes, it may be hard to handle but hey they aren't the one if they cant

I wish you the best of luck with you and your boo. I'll be praying for all of us and if you need to vent I'm here

That means so much to me, I'm here too and thank you!

1 Heart

Paige how did you tell him? I have to tell my BF this week since he is coming into town and I'm so terrified

I just was really calm and said hey before we go further I need you to know this. I explained how I got it how common it is and how it's not the end of the world and that if he had questions I would try and answer. There were tears from both of us and he said he wished I'd told him sooner but I just explained how hard it is and it's not something I just tell the average Joe. He was acceptable to it and told me it was okay so I'm still freaking out and preparing for the worst praying for the best. But he said it wasn't too much to handle so we wil see. My feeling is if he can't acc or all of me, he's not the one and that's ok. It's not easy to do but I think if you approach it as just what it is ... Common and simple and so many people have it, it's not a big deal.

2 Hearts

Thank you

Anytime if you need advice I'm here

Girl, I know... but it doesn't make you who you are. I know it is extremely tough. I feel like I've had this freaking outbreak for so long already and I just want to be back to normal again. I am here for you if you ever need support! I would love to text too if you are willing. It's always nice to have someone there for you whenever you need it! I don't have anyone.

1 Heart