If only people could realise that they're help makes things worse

About 7 years ago one of my closest relatives died. After this event i shut myself off from the ones i loved and just concentrated on the things that matterered like school. I never dealt with the grief i experienced.

Any way, years later many of the people i love the most are putting pressure on me to finally open up and let go of the hidden emotions. I tried but i made me feel even worse and resulted in me cuting for the first time. Now the more pressure they put on, the worse the cutting gets!

I wish that these people would realise that by caring so much the scars are getting bigger. What do i do?

TELL THEM WHAT YOU ARE DOING BECAUSE OF THEIR PRESSURE...

Seriously...

Be prepared for them trying to help more... Even t change how they treat you or the freindship. AND some may surprise you and Stop and be understanding, You never know...

But Confront them and Be Strong and TELL THEM TO STOP IT !

I learned confronting issues and problems can help, Seem sometimes it is not as you confront it, but in the END, things always seem to work out ok. Maybe not as we really want things to be, but OK....

We need to accept OK.

YOU Need to find something to replace the cutting. When you get the Urge. Scream, YELL, Write, Talk, Share, Sports Something ELSE to replace it and give you that kind of feeling !!!

Please Try !