If you need help

Hi, I am 40 years old and I lost my mom three years ago to MS. My mom was full care for the last five years of her life which I provided. Since then I have struggled to move past this. I would just like to let anybody know that I would be more than happy to talk to somebody who is caregiving somebody with MS. I know from first hand experience how hard it can be so if you need any advice or just a listening ear, let me know.....

take care

I'm sorry to hear you lost your mother to MS. I am close to my ex's great grandmother who is 97 years old, still alive and has been living with MS for the past 50 years. She has been in a wheelchair for 50+ years and has around the clock care and I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to see your mother struggle with such a disease. I hope you're doing well. Thanks for sharing.

xo, July

My GP has told me that she thinks I have the onset of M.S. what exactaly does this mean? Do I need to see a neurologist? Is there a spacific test to tell if you have it? For the past 3 years I have been told many different things. I was told I had lupus, fibromyalgia, chronic fatige syndrome, and the best one, "it's all in your head." How can one person have this many diagnosis's. I am at the point that I just don't have faith in Dr.'s anymore. Can anyone tell me exactley what M.S. does to you? the symptoms? MY STORY, over the last 3 years, I have had noticable decline in my memory, I loose time, bladder and bowel control issues, and I have pain almost daily, but the pain does not stay in one spicific place, It moves around. I have a hard time swollowing at times and a hard time trying to talk, what I mean is getting the right words to come out. I no in my head what I'm trying to say, but just can't seem to get the words to come out right. Does this sound at all familiar to anyone? I would greatly appreciate any input. -Liz

Yes it sounds familiar to me. everything. Just go the neurologist ,they do teste. Mri’s and at last if they are not sure , a spinal tab where they test the liquid they get out and confirm if you have MS.
Dont freak out, cuase stress doesnot help with the symptoms. Everything is going to be ok. and you can talk to me for anything.

Sorry , i did not introduce myself. I am Ana and was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago. They also thought I had depression over the years or hormonal issues. and then lupus jajajaja. It is normal since it is a relatively new disease and has very similar symptoms to a lot od diseases.
have patience. There are a lot of symptoms and things that can happen to you ,but dont focus on that, because everybodys system is different. Dont thonk that if someone with MS has a certain symptom ,that you are going to have it too. It changes a lot also. from time to time.

Have faith and be strong.
Hope you the best.
Take care and Ill be here.
Ana

How long did your Mom have MS? Sounds like she was fairly young.

Liz....

Please start treatment immediately:) OMG 5 years ago I was driving to work and lost my vision in my right eye. It was painful to move. I let it go for three more days. Don't ask me what I was thinking. You need to see a nuerologist right away have your MRI / Spinal Tab to give you the diagnosis. Now if they give you prednisone take it. There are a few different treatments you can use I use copaxone. It is awesome. I took rebiff a few years back and it made me sooooooooooooo depressed. Copaxone is a daily injection. Not painful after 3rd day. You will be fine just don't sit there.