Im 15 years old and living with psoriasis. I have been livin

Im 15 years old and living with psoriasis. I have been living with it for many years now and i can't remember a stage in my life where i havent had psoriasis. It can go from being good to going quite bad. At this moment in time of my life i'm finding it difficult to see my life without psoriasis. I have prom coming up next year and many of my friends now have boyfriends. When we go to parties all my friends will wear nice skirts with there legs out and i have to try and look nice covered up. If anyone has any tips on how to deal with this it would be a great help.

Hello, I have a son your age who used to have it. PM me, I can help you

@akapatience thanks for the reply. can you message me? i am new to this and not quite sure how it works. Thank you

Hi there :) I've grown up only knowing life with psoriasis, too. Ask your dermatologist about taking Enbrel or Stelara. I started taking Enbrel when I was 13. Stelara used to have a black-box warning on it, but the warning was just removed (Enbrel I think still has one, though). At one point during high school I was doing a combination of Enbrel (or Stelara?) plus UV treatment (laying out in the sun will do the same thing, just ask the doc about for how long) and that combination was working for me really well. Also know that you are what you eat; if you eat a lot of sugar/unhealthy food in general, you are weakening your immune system, and psoriasis is an autoimmune condition. You've got to give your immune system a chance, so just be mindful. Oh, and side note: to me, I have psoriasis pretty bad; but when I ask people, they tell me honestly that they don't notice (or if they have, it doesn't seem odd or bothersome to them). Sorry my comment was so long but I just thought at least some of it might be of help to you lol. You are not your psoriasis; you are a lovely young lady who just has cool multicolor skin that not everyone gets to have ;) :) feel free to message me if you have other questions or what not.

There is a simple and inexpensive way to relieve your psoriasis without going to antibiotics.
Make a blend 50/50 blend of Glycerin and witch hazel (make sure it is alcohol free). put it in a spray bottle and spray your plaques and spots twice daily. You will be pleased with the results

1 Heart

Thank you for offering her a drug free suggestion!
My skin crawls when people rely on RX'S only.

1 Heart

I've had P for +30 years. ---- Have tried Rx's , diets, vitamins, sun treatments and every hair brained suggestion out there. The only other soothing blend is Glycerin/Apple Cider Vinegar 50/50 ---my preference is Witch Hazel (non alcohol) .

1 Heart

Hi there! I have gone through the exact same scenarios (especially when I was in high school) and I can understand how you feel 100%.. I thought I'd never feel comfortable enough in my own skin to show off my legs like other girls do. But then, I started working out, even just going for small runs, and found that it helped relieve the stress. I hope you have a hobby or anything that can pre-occupy your mind and de-stress you. Yoga helps a lot too! I don't do it often, but when i have, I feel great afterwards. I have come to find that the best possible medicine for me is being able to control my stress. Even though I will never be an expert at that, I have tried my best to do so. And as a plus, getting my body into a descent tone made me feel better in my own skin.
As far as what you can do to "cover up" or get away with wearing skirts and dresses without feeling uncomfortable, I used vaseline, and still do. It does a really good job for me in terms of keeping my skin hydrated. I too have tried, what seems to be, everything; pills, diets, steroids, creams, natural remedies, herbs, and sea salts, and yet still look for more answers.
Best of luck! Keep your head up, it will get better

1 Heart