I'm 17, I was just diagnosed with genital herpes. Over the wI'm 17, I was just diagnosed with genital herpes. Over the

I'm 17, I was just diagnosed with genital herpes. Over the winter break, I was irresponsible and got drunk. I don't remember the night but was told the next day, that while drunk I had sex with somebody I had just met earlier that day. My mum brought me to the doctors, and waited in the waiting room. I cried to the doctor for a while and decided just to tell my parents it was thrush. I am not ready to tell them I am sexually active. I have no close friends, and don't want anybody to know. I am skipping a part of school tomorrow to go to the pharmacy to get a prescription for it. I have to take it for ten days. Can anybody give me any advice for a recently (as in today) diagnosed teenage girl? I am so scared and feel so alone, I don't know what to do.

2 Hearts

Someone please tell me it will be ok

Im 21 and i just found out the day before yesterday. I had known from my symptoms, you just know. I spent my birthday crying hysterically. All i can say is that it will be ok. Ive been having a lot of trouble dealing with it the passed couple days . But its gotten easier as the days go by. Definitely do some research, it does seem like this horrible thing and during an outbreak it can be but there is medication to help . The good news is this is something that is liveable with.. You may never even have an outbreak or they can become less often as the years go by. You dont have to tell anyone (besides you dr and of course any potential partners). Yes its hard its honestly the hardest thing i have ever dealt with physically and emotionally but you will get through this . Keep your head up and dont get too down on yourself, im here if you need to talk i know this is new so dont expect to just be okay or like everything is fine and normal, it will take some getting used to but it gets easier the better you accept that this is just how it is and you can let it eat you alive or move on and continue living a happy life . Good luck to you hun

@Nakosejo19 I am so sorry that you spent such a special birthday crying. Thank you for replying, I have spent the last six hours crying hysterically and contemplating what I have left to live for. A little back story, I am also a recovering anorexic who has an addiction to speed. Living with that, and now knowing I have herpes, it all feels too much. You are the first person I have talked to about it, other than the doctor I saw at the walk in clinic. I appreciate it so much, I felt so alone and your reply helped me more than I could have hoped for. Good luck to you too, thank you so much again. xx

@iregretit. I had anorexia for a long time and still have an eating disorder to some degree and if you want to message me personally you can do that without having to support me because I am one of the moderators I'm happy to talk to you soon if you'd like to because I know that having anorexia was the biggest regret in my life and I don't want you to go through that

OK Advice- Try not to stress. I know that's hard, but stress is what brings it out, and can make it come out even more. Wear loose fitting clothing. Any kind of friction is going to hurt and is going to make it come out more. Even if you don't have an outbreak, friction can cause an outbreak. If one of those whitehead looking pimples pop, stay the hell away from there because that is what causes it to spread (that's why you want the loose clothes). Anyway, if you do touch it, and then touch your mouth or nose, or a cut, than you probably will transfer it there. And we know you don't want that. Always wash your hands with soap and warm water anytime you are near your break out, whether it is leaking or not. If it is leaking, Cornstarch is the best thing to put on it to absorb and to help it feel better. Don't tell anyone yet. And don't get paranoid and think that people know, they don't so just act natural and CALM. If you tell someone that will be around the school so fast you wouldn't believe it. At least one third of the population has this virus. So you already know people that have it, you just don't know who they are yet. Go to herpes.com for more information. Read up on it, and if you have any more questions just ask. Now I hope this goes through

@ColaWars AH, thank you so much for putting in so much effort to find me! It means a lot! I appreciate all your advice, it’s given me a bit of piece of mind. Do you know the effects recreational drugs would have on herpes? I am trying my hardest to quit and I am getting help off my doctors. Would I just sprinkle cornstarch on where it is leaking? Since my family doesn’t know I am worried they will notice my change of diet and constant towel washing. Is my family at risk of getting genital herpes too from living in the same house and being around me a lot?

Thank you so much for everything, I really really appreciate it all! xx

the only thing you should do is not let them use your towels and just make sure you wash your hands Which You would doafter going to the toilet anyway.