I'm 18, and currently have not been to a doctor about my genI'm 18, and currently have not been to a doctor about my

I'm 18, and currently have not been to a doctor about my gential HV2 herpes. The girl I got it from knowingly gave it to me, and told me months later. Thank god I wasn't sexually active in that period but i truly don't know how to move forward. I don't know the effectiveness of antiviral medication and I'm barely even in college and it feels like the part of me that wants a girlfriend is dead. I don't wanna infect someone I care about, and it's heartbreaking to turn away girls I may actually like. Ive splits my guts out to a close friends of mine, but my family and I have never been close. I just need advice....

Hello im sorry you were not advised from that girl that is just inexcusable. But as you know you cant change it. So yes there are risks at anytime unfortunately and meds and condoms are ways you can reduce risk. Men do transmit more than women to men so you were quite unlucky with that girl. What it comes down to when it comes to relationships is disclosing. Then it is up to the girl if she wants to take the risk. Just ensure she knows the facts so she can make an informed decision. Google herpes transmission and you will find stats on transmission rates. Dont feel you cant date. The number of people with herpes is growing and pple are dating.