I'm 24 and I've been in a very serious 4 year relationship

I'm 24 and I've been in a very serious 4 year relationship. My gf is 26 and has yet to come out. I've always been supportive of her. It's just starting to tear me down. The holidays are extremely hard. She comes from a strict Latin family and her mom would rather see me dead than with her daughter. My gf is scared, and I understand. I can't talk to any of my friends because I don't really have gay friends, and my straight friends don't understand what coming out means. And really how hard it is. It took me until I was 19 to finally come out, and I had it semi easy. I couldn't imagine the fear my girlfriend has. But I'm 24 and I know where I want my life to head, and we both agree that we want the same things. Her family is extremely ignorant. Essentially I'm Ina. Lot of pain. I feel like my life is being put on hold for people who'd rather see me dead. Idk how to handle this anymore. It's a hopeless feeling. I suffer from anxiety, depression, and bipolar and this issue is wearing me down and triggering all these issues. I don't know anymore.

I think that she has to make a choice, be with the woman she loves and risk being cut off from her family, or paint her closet and prepare for a very lonely existence, because being untrue to herself with cost her you and a happy life, being ashamed won't make her happy, nor you.

@Hearmeroar I agree. I just don’t know when. She keeps saying it’s going to happen very soon, but she’s said that for a very long time now.

My girlfriend is very understanding of the fact that I'm not out to my family. I have my reasons for that, and she doesn't pressure me, which I really appreciate. She understands that it's my decision whether to tell them or not, not hers. It hasn't been an issue at all between us. Just my perspective :)

@AnaLeigh @AnaLeigh I’ve also been very understanding. I’ve been through hell and back with her family. Mind you, they liked me before they knew we were together. Our lives are growing. We both want to grow. But our relationship has remained complacent because of this. Our lives in general have. We are in our mid twenties and we still live at home. So they determine when and when I can’t see her. They rule her life. That’s why it’s so hard. Because we can’t just have this relaxed easy relationship with our own problems to worry about. She can’t spend the night almost ever, she can’t be home late, they give her hell and keep her from because they do know. They aren’t dumb. That’s why it’s so hard. They control my relationship

Completely. If we had our own lives it would be a lot easier. I respect the person you are with. Because I know how hard it is. I'm a very impatient person, butter is wait a loooong time for her. If not forever if we were in a situation that didn't control our lives. She keeps saying soon. I finally told her that we will never have the relationship we want without her coming out. Her family knows. That's why hey control her so much.