I'm angry, depressed and I feel defeated. My job / living si

I'm angry, depressed and I feel defeated. My job / living situation is becoming toxic to me and I don't have a proper support system to help me deal with this. I am highly sensitive, and I have been trying to earn money through self employment for a very long time but because of my environmental sensitivities, I have not made any progress. I am extremely disheartened right now, and it's hard to talk myself out of this. I guess I do need to express this, but I'm too exhausted to speak

3 Hearts

Sorry your going through this. Do you have down time so you can relax and do some fun activities?

I'm quitting, and cutting off those things that were hurting me. I'm also planning a move to a different state. I really really really don't like this one. I'm going to rent a room, and attempt freelancing/self employment one more time. Thanks for replying. Maybe I can do something fun when I leave here.

1 Heart

@MatticeK11 I get the whole trying to be employed while being highly sensitive, with environmental issues bc I also deal heavily w that. Most working atmospheres are toxic w/little protection for employees (especially from “mngrs & cowrkrs”!!)…just WHY? It’s so discouraging. So much postering and climbing on top of ea other for bonuses, etc…
I’ve never found one place that even remotely resembled a ‘team’…
But I’m impressed that you have worked as your own boss and rallying that this new attempt will be very successful for you.
You are not alone.

You sound strong for taking the time to begin a self driven career. Don’t be to hard on yourself it sounds like your trying your best and life gets hard sometimes for everyone. Maybe gradually build yourself up with socializing. Little steps at a time will help. You are making the right choice for speaking about it here. Hugs!

1 Heart

I just came across videos I know will help me cope with my social anxiety. One of them taught me that any mental condition doesn't define me because when I'm relax I can do lots of great things and I have a great personality. They are based on GET or Gradual Exposure Therapy, so it will take me, or anyone else, lots of work but we just need to put great effort to get better. Here's a couple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnsM113Lqzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJ5z_BrRCE

1 Heart

I am not sure what environmental stresses with which you are dealing but I do know that they can be overwhelming. It does sound like you have some good and usable skills with which to support yourself. One thing that works for me is to write things down. It seems I can see them more clearly and work thru them better. Then I pray about them. I have had so many answers to prayer and I record them so that I can look back and see where God has seen me through. I also have Christian friends, who encourage me. My church is a great point of fellowship and is very supportive. I in turn try to support others.

Sometimes working for a non profit, where I can help others, seems less stressful for me. I don’t know for you, but I do know that you are important and there is a place in this world for you to fill.

I am praying for you to find the fullness of all that God has prepared for you. I am praying for you to be able to work through the environmental stresses so that they don’t overwhelm you. I know for me sometimes I have to discipline my mind and turn those stresses into thanksgiving. When things seem to crowd in on me I start looking for things for which to be thankful. It really does. Help. Sometimes I just lay down on the ground, look up at the blue sky and clouds and thank God.

Take care and don’t forget that today is the first day of the rest of your life. Find your joy and hold to it. God bless you.

@AmyHarley thank you for your suggestion, but I don’t have computer access. I connect to the internet through a government serviced cell phone & wifi