I'm Coleman Chambers and I've been experiencing emotional vi

I'm Coleman Chambers and I've been experiencing emotional violence for the past 7 months. My ex cheated on me, described how muscular the other guy was, told me I dont make enough money to be worth her time, accused me of raping her, called me while having sex with a different guy, and filed a restraining order labelling me as a stalker even after I proved she was lying because the judge thought I was a "creep" and they dont provide attorneys to the defendant in cases like mine. I have no clue where to go from here. She blamed my paranoia on my trust issues from previous relationships and then validated all of them. I'm stuck.

@Chambers28 Welcome to SG!... I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate, abusive experience. I understand that resources for male victims of abuse are limited, and hopefully as awareness increases, the current situation will improve. The following is a list of resources for male victims of abuse:

Places to Turn for Help:

A close friend or a trusted relative or a clergy member. This person can support you and you begin to get professional help.

Male Survivor helps survivors of male sexual assault and abuse with weekend recovery workshops and a wealth of resources, including therapist, support groups, and resources directories.

Center Against Domestic Violence in New York City provides non-residential services such as counseling, advocacy, support groups, and legal assistance.

Stop Abuse for Everyone (SAFE) in Austin, Texas, also provides individual counseling and support groups for male survivors of domestic violence.

—-

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for the National Domestic Violence Hotline or 1-800-656-HOPE for the National Sexual Assault Hotline.

1 Heart

No one is immune to Abuse. ITS there and ITS Evil. IT does not give a Rats a** if you are male or female. But you can stop IT. Wise counsel will provide you with insight, do not give up. You deserve better. I applaud you for being a man of integrity....thank you!

3 Hearts

@Discernment thank you! I looked for support groups in North GA and came up empty handed so I have this site a shot. my family really liked her and I feel like they don’t believe me. Just this response was massively helpful/appreciated.

@pickone
Thank you. Yes, no one deserves abuse, but Sometimes the gas lighting can be so powerful. It’s like you have to exert all of your energy to not let it affect you. It can get very exhausting.