Im currently dealing with depression and I was talking to on

Im currently dealing with depression and I was talking to one of my friends who also dealt with depression but found his way out of it. He said it's like living your whole life in a dark room with a laser pointer for light. Then someone turns the light on and everything is put into perspective. I keep turning the light on, but unfortunately it keeps turning off and I get lost again. Its like having a dark cloud over you at all times.... Everyday is a new day and I keep telling myself if I don't want to feel like this I don't have to. And for a short amount of time, I distract myself from the thoughts in my brain. But the thoughts always come back. I just cant seem to get rid of it.

2 Hearts

I am also going through this it is like the whole world looks different when you feel that low. Sometimes I can keep myself in a good moodbut sometimes it creeps back in.

Hi and welcome to the site. You are right, you can distract yourself all you want but those thought will just keep coming back. The idea is not to get rid of them but change them from negative thoughts to positive thoughts.