I'm feeling torn into pieces with no way of seeing what causI'm feeling torn into pieces with no way of seeing what

I'm feeling torn into pieces with no way of seeing what causes it. No matter what... he sulks, withdraws and blames me for everything!

2 Hearts

Hey I'm in the same boat and I'm sorry you're going through this. It's so easy to learn to hate yourself when you're involved with someone like that. We just need to remember that narcs are pros at gas lighting and they "never do anything wrong" in their heads.

Hi, thanks! Im just coming to terms with this after some extensive research. Can you explain gas lighting to me in kindergarden terms please?

1 Heart

Gas lighting is when someone does something problematic or even abusive, then when confronted about it, they act like they did nothing wrong and it's all your fault instead. Sometimes to the point where they deny anything happened in the first place at all, causing you to question your sanity and blame yourself instead

2 Hearts

Like blaming me for having no money for bills and when confronted about the 240.00 spent on himself he then goes on to say its my fault we are broke because I don't make enough? and that's just one of the areas I get to hear how I need to change...more.

1 Heart

Yes, exactly... He sees himself as a perfect angel who couldn't do anything wrong. Even when he messes up and causes you to suffer, it's somehow always turned around on you (when logically he's the one in the wrong). Extremely typical narc behavior...

1 Heart

Perfect boyfriend, charming and giving, quick to get married, then all of a sudden...all intimacy stops, sulking behavior begins, NEVER keeps a word he says with an excuse that takes 15 minutes to listen to ? These sound familiar too?

1 Heart

@tink777 Yup. Typical Narc behavior

I am sooooooooooooo angry that I fell for this... again. Ive had a previous "player man" relationship, so this form of narc. is new to me, I took it hook line and sinker and have literally lost everything in the process. ugh where to start now?

1 Heart