I'm in tenth grade, and I have mild to severe acne. All the

I'm in tenth grade, and I have mild to severe acne. All the other girls in my grade seem to either have figured their skin issues out or not have any to begin with. I feel like I'm the only one still struggling with this. I've tried every single product that you can buy without a prescription and it has never once worked. Sometimes my acne gets better, but then the next morning I wake up and it's as if my skin exploded. Then I pick at it incessantly and of course, this just makes it worse. I get these awful scabs all over my face. Kids in my class often pick (pun not intended) on me because of the way my skin looks. They act like I want to have acne, like it's a choice. My friends have even admitted to me several times that they don't want to touch people with acne, that people with acne are ugly, that they're not worthy of dating. They make fun of people with acne in front of me. Sometimes they even make fun of me. It's heartbreaking, so much so that sometimes I can't even hold it in and I cry in the middle of class. I feel so unbelievably hideous. I never thought I was pretty. I never liked the way I looked, but now, I feel like all it's going to take for me to feel beautiful is if my skin clears. I fee l so ugly, I haven't dared take a picture of myself in years. I dodge mirrors and anything that could show my reflection. I look down when I walk through the halls at my school. Sometimes at night, I just sob and sob because of how awful I feel. I've recently gone to see a dermatologist, and I'm undergoing a mild treatment. I'm praying to God it works, but I'll only know four to eight weeks from now. I'm terrified that it doesn't end up working and that I need a more severe treatment, I'm scared that I won't be able to get this treatment. My mother isn't too keen on the simple idea of me using antibiotics because of the damages they do to your body. She doesn't understand the feeling of having my acne, neither she or my father had acne. I just feel like no one gets it and that i'm going to be stuck with this acne forever. I can't go back to school this fall with my skin looking worse, I would fall apart. I know this is ridiculous, but another reason I'm so upset about my acne is because I feel like it's unfair. This sounds incredibly entitled, I know, but I just feel like I didn't deserve to have acne. Nobody does really, so why do I have to undergo it? There are so many awful people who don't suffer from it. I feel like I'm a good person, it's not fair. I know that having acne has nothing to do with whether or not you're a good person. It doesn't make sense. If someone feels the same or has any advice, I'd really, really appreciate it.

1 Heart

No one could judge you. What you're living with is very painful and I'm sorry for your sadness. : ( If you were my teen I'd tell you to avoid the antibiotics too. But who knows, maybe the doctor could help you other ways, so you won't need to. I'll pray it works out for you.

@Scat Thank you so much for understanding, it’s a big help and I really appreciate it.

The key to cure your acne is diet. Drink a ton of botttled water. Whole foods cut out all sugar and junk food. Wash your fave before you go to sleep. Stop touching your face, drink about a gallon of spring or purified water a day. Look up whole foods. Your skin will clear when you boost your immune system, there are also herbs that can help as well. Big pharma will only make your skin more inflamed. Water water, no other liquids, all sugar is evil accept a little fruit for a treat.

I just wanted to say I know exactly what you're going through. You'll probably hate my answer but your acne might just be something you have to grow out of. I got my first pimple when I was 11 and now I'm almost 21 and my skin has only recently been calming down. And trust me I've been through it all with my skin. Big, red, angry, cystic bumps under the skin, blackheads, scabs, dry patches, zits, you name it I had it.
I mean to say all this because I know it feels like you're the only person going through what you're dealing with. You may not relate to anyone at your school or in your neighborhood but everyone here on this forum is dealing with it with you.
The best thing to do is drink as much water as you can, eat healthily and keep your mind and hands off your acne. Sometimes it just has to do with your genes and there's nothing you can do about that.
Best of luck <3

1 Heart

@justlivin Thank you, your reply made me feel a lot better. It’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one. I do think I’m going to have to be patient, I’m just struggling to come to terms with it.