I'm new to this. I just feel like I have nowhere else to tur

I'm new to this. I just feel like I have nowhere else to turn... I'm an 18 year-old college student and I found out I had herpes November 19, 2015. None of my family or friends know this, besides the guy I am, well was involved with for a year... He shut me out and left me when I told him. He was never tested, but yet blames me for everything. I'm currently crying, because I feel hopeless... Hurt... Destroyed... Betrayed... Lonely... And so many more emotions. I want to go out there and talk to people, but I just feel like I can't associate myself with them... I'm always thinking.... "What if they find out? Will they treat me different? Will they too shut me out and go? No one is going to want someone or be friends with a person who has Herpes." I'm so lost and broken...

I feel your pain, I really do. I have not told anyone I have herpes either except my mom, sister, and boyfriend who gave me it. Just hang in there, it does eventually get a little better.

1 Heart

I feel your pain here as well. I was diagnosed with herpes back in September. I received it from someone I felt very deeply about and trusted with everything. He unfortunately still denies that he has herpes and has told everyone in our small town that I have an STD. I feel so lost as well. You are not alone. The only way to deal with this is to have a positive attitude about everything. Keep your head up.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you and your not the only 1 and I get how you feel because that was the same reaction that I had with someone that I was kind of with. not that he gave it to me or blames me but it still hurt nonetheless. It is important to understand the virus and what it means for you so I suggest you do some research if you haven't already. If you want to tell someone tell someone you can trust and ask them to keep it confidential because it is personal. Also no one is going to look at you differently it is a virus that so many people have it is very well accepted these days and those who shun you really just are informed so don't take it personally

I know how you feel. I just recently turned 18 in November and a week ago I got results back saying I have herpes. I don't know how to deal with this. So I know exactly how you feel! Keep your head up ❤️❤️

It will work out ok you just need to keep healthy to keep the Outbreaks at bay and also it is not the end of the world. just research it and you will be fine because you will understand what it means to you and your life.