I'm new to this site, and I'm hoping to make some friends. I

I'm new to this site, and I'm hoping to make some friends. I live near Walt Disney World in FL, and with a Mother holding an important job at the park, I find myself there nearly all the time. I love the parks- all four of them have something that makes them home to me. Everything except the hundreds of thousands guests roaming the grounds nearly 24/7! I can just never adjust to the amount of people streaming in and out everyday. I hate the crowds, but without them, the park feels empty and distant. I don't know what to do, my mother performs in front of millions of people a day and is perfectly fine. I seem to have missed that inheritance.

1 Heart

Hey there, welcome to SG, this is a great place to give and get support. Crowds can be really anxiety producing, but please don't compare yourself with your mother, she is a different person that you. There are things you do that your mother would find difficult. You are amazing, worthy and wonderful.

1 Heart

@Aura82 Thanks, but I wish it was true. People ask me all the time if I have “performer’s blood” like my mother, and if I’m going to take a job as a face character like she is. It’s so embarrassing, I’m Autistic and even having the conversation about me performing nearly brings me to tears.

Hello Everyone:
For those of you who are new to our Group, I would like to introduce myself, I am Marlene, the Moderator for this Group and I am very happy you decided to join us! At the bottom of this page there is a "FAQ" that may answer any questions you may have; if not, please let me know and I will forward your questions onto the Support Groups Site Management. Also, at the top of this page there is a link, "Groups" that lists all the Support Groups available to join on this Site. If I can be of any help, just let me know. Once again, WELCOME!
Marlene1105, Moderator

From Anxiety & Panic Disorders to Social Anxiety