I'm new to this site. I've been dealing with trauma problem

I'm new to this site. I've been dealing with trauma problems for the past 10 years. My brother-in-law encouraged me to find an online support group. Was exposed to human trafficking in South East Asia a lot, during a 1 year period while I was teaching English over there. Too much to describe right now, involving people I was close to, and also escaping an attempted kidnapping myself. I don't have full fledged PTSD, but I'm close. I've been getting professional help for 9 years. So afraid of stigma because the trauma triggered several bouts of psychosis. I'm very proactive about getting help because psychosis ruins my life and I don't want that. Afraid, even here, to write about it because of the stigma I have dealt with. I'm planning to become somewhat of an activist, to fight human trafficking, and talk about my experiences publicly. I have high expectations of myself to fight and speak out on behalf of those who cannot (trafficked victims, especially children). I cannot live up to my own expectations. I think I'm dealing with survivor's guilt. I need to come to terms with my own limits.

you're so brave for sharing this, and the people who stigmatize- forget them. you're living for you and you went through the unimaginable. recognize that some people will just never understand, but that is their problem. and it's great you want to speak out for others, but know that it's hard to do that when you're still struggling. you're allowed to still heal and to work on yourself first. help yourself before your help others- that's the best way to be effective.

Thanks so much, so good to hear that. About the forgetting people who stigmatized me, that's hard because one was my mother. She was afraid I would get post partum depression after my second child was born, snap, and kill my kids. I have no history of violence whatsoever. It's just because I had previously been diagnosed with psychosis.

@dean_na Welcome to SG! You will meet many wonderful people here, fondly called SG friends. The bottom of the page is a FAQ, it will assist you in navigating the site. The top right of this page are numerous groups, also there is a Support Someone icon, familarized yourself with them. You may join as many groups as necessary. There is a PTSD group. SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow......