I'm not feeling good. Last week I was diagnosed with being i

I'm not feeling good. Last week I was diagnosed with being in the early menopause. I still not believe it! I'm only 38 years old. At this time, I'm still in shock and I'm sad because I was really planning and hoping to still have children someday. Now I feel that it is impossible. My doctor put me on low dose progesterone to control my symptoms. It's helping but I still need help coping. Can someone give me some advice and know of any books to read to put my mind at ease? Any advice will help, even if it sounds lame or stupid. I could use a laugh too. Thanks

1 Heart

hello and welcome to the group!! The book "What your Dr may not tell you about menopause" was the best thing I have come across since I started perimenopause 7 yrs ago..i actually think I began earlier than that thinking back now...the symptoms were just not as bad, but still there. I chose the bioidentical Natural progesterone over synthetic progesterone because of the cancer history in my family and risks that progestins pose. I have been using Natural Progesterone cream for 2 yrs now with amazing results!! I get it form Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GFJJHY?keywords=natural%20progester...
It is not uncommon for ladies in their 30s to start perimenopause and in some cases, can last from 5 to 15 yrs before actual menopause starts. I have found the best vitamin supplements to use during this time is magnesium (500mg before bed), Super B complex, fish oil, flaxseed oil, D3, A, C and E. Just because you began early menopause does not mean you will go into menopause right away...like I said, ive been in peri for going on 8 yrs now and still have that dreadful monthly visitor!!
Now for the laugh...
Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings, bought me a mood ring so he would be able to monitor my moods.
We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big red mark on his forehead.
Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond . . .
Hope this helps..and don't worry, theres still PLENTY of time to have children!!

Hello and welcome Aruba. I am glad you are here. Books that I am now reading and finding helpful are
one by Christiane Northrup MD, and "Menopause for Dummies." What I am finding very helpful, is knowing what menopause is NOT. It is not Alzheimer's, although brain fog and memory problems are part of it. It is not mental illness, although many times we may feel like we are going crazy. It is not depression, but sadness is part of it. And it is not a fever caused by a serious illness, although hot flashes are part of it. For a little humor: The Seven Dwarfs of Menopause: Itchy, Witchy, Sweaty, Sleepy, Bloated, Forgetful & Psycho. As for coping skills, you will find a lot on this site, as we all struggle to get through this challenging time together. ((Aruba))

1 Heart