I'm taking up prayer requests, for anyone that needs healing

I'm taking up prayer requests, for anyone that needs healing, peace, restoration in their marriage, deliverance from addictions, and more. Please leave your requests and I will pray for all of you! And also if the Holy Spirit leads me to give you something (a scripture or words of encouragement) I will :)...I love you all, and u can send me a private message if u prefer.

If you could send some my way hugely appreciated. I am a father of a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter with another little girl on the way. I am having issues with my oldest not listening and acting out alot. She in response is getting yelled at because of the stress going on at home with my wife being pregnant and just worrying about normal stuff with a new baby coming. I do not want to "mess" her up as a person by continuing on my ways of getting upset and yelling at her. After she gets repromanded I make sure to get down on her level and talk to her and tell her why she got in trouble and so on and so forth. But then at the end of the night I just think about it all and I should not get mad for 80% of the things that i get so mad about. I grew up not having a dad so my big thing is I really want to excel at being a father and my girls love me but I feel as though my oldest and my relationship is truly being stretched to the limit. I want to have her have good memories of growing up around her dad and I want her to find a good man when she is older. Just worrying that I am too late and I do not know where to start. Sorry for this post being all over the place... Thanks

1 Heart

@DaddyDan51 Perhaps your daughter is feeling a little jealous of the new baby on the way. It might help to refer to the baby as “her new baby.” This worked well with my daughter. My kids are older (21,34,36) and when I look back on all the things I yelled at them about I’m sorry for about 80% of it. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress and that certainly doesn’t help. I feel pretty confident that you are doing the best that you can given the situation just reading your post. You have insight and the strength to ask questions. Keep posting all over the place. Free association can be wonderfully therapeutic and can help you uncover some things you might have otherwise missed, and can help with insight. Keep it up. Harry

I will be praying for you DaddyDan51 :)...if it makes you feel any better, i have 6 children and my oldest is 7...i understand completely how you feel! Sometimes he tries to act like he's 2 or 3 and i have to remind him that i love them all the same and he doesn't have to act different to get my attention. Parenting is never easy, but i believe you are a great father for your girls. Little girls always think the best of their dads! I'm almost 28 and still think my dad is the best :)...praying that your life will have less stress, and that God will give you more patience and happiness in all areas of your life!

Please pray for me. I am spiritually dead inside and I dont know how to get out of this.

1 Heart

I feel the same way. Its like I'm drowning, except I know how to swim.

I wrote in my journal and am feeling a bit more hopeful now. I will discuss this journal entry with my thaerapist next week.

Removed coming-out, coming-out-acceptance, depression, emotional-psychological-abuse, family, hiv-aids, homosexuality, loneliness, migraines-headaches, paranoid-personality-disorder, parent-child-relationships, stressful-life-events