I'm terrified of my mom she used to hit me with a belt when

I'm terrified of my mom she used to hit me with a belt when I was younger and I couldn't run away because I have CP and back then I didn't even own a wheelchair. When she didn't hit me she made me feel like a burden or I would get the feeling she would leave me without a way to fend for myself. I think​I have PTSD because when she gets angry it's like I'm little again and I get irrationally frightened

im not sure on the PTSD issue. I dont have it. PTSD or no, it is certainly an issue for you, and i'm sorry. Is there any way you can get away from her?

I am really sorry you are going through this I understand how you feel I have bad anxiety and you could have PTSD I have it I am in therapy and doing much better do you have anyway you can get away from your mom that would be the best thing to do if you need a friend to talk to message me

I'm so sorry for your situation. I understand that your situation can be stressful for all parties. But abuse is never the answer for your mothers frustration. There are many organizations out there to support both of you. You should never live in fear In Your own home.

It's​hard because she is my mom and I feel like I have to be there for her

@Bluecloud89 You also need to be there for YOURSELF. It isn’t being selfish, it’s called self-preservation. You need to get away from the source of your stress and anxiety or it won’t get any better and could get worse. Just my opinion. I think you really do need to get help from somewhere. Good luck.

From Neurological Disorders to Disabilities & Mobility